What information do we collect and why?
Non-personal/ device information:
When you visit the site, we automatically collect non-personal information (‘Device information’) from you, such as information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, the cookies that are installed on your device, or the site from which you linked to our site. You cannot be identified from this information. We use this information to improve and optimize the site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). As you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, which websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site. We use this information to help us tailor the site and offers that suit you better, to carry out market research and to improve the site.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
Cookies: small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page. Accepting our cookies is a condition of using the site. If you do not accept our cookies, we can’t guarantee how the site will perform for you. It may mean that we can’t offer you some services, and it may reduce the support we can offer you. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Log files: these track actions occurring on the site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Web beacons, tags and pixels: electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
When you contact us using our online form or otherwise request information from us by email, telephone, social media or post, we collect your name, title, email address, telephone number and any other personal information that you submit to us. We use this information to respond to your message or answer your query. Additionally, we use this information to communicate with you and provide you with information relating to our products or services.
When you make a booking enquiry we collect information from you including your first name, last name, email address, phone number and postcode. We use this information to create a quotation for you and to communicate with you regarding your enquiry. Additionally, we use this information to communicate with you and provide you with information relating to our products or services.
When you place an order with us we collect information from you including your full name, billing address and shipping address. We use this information to fulfil any orders placed through the site (including arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and confirmations). Additionally, we use this information to communicate with you and provide you with information relating to our products or services.
When you sign up for our newsletter we collect your email address. We use this information to send you our quarterly update emails including news, product information, offers and discounts.
We will retain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete it.
Who we share your information with and why:
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your permission unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (for example, if required to do so by court order, search warrant, for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime, or any other lawful request). We will only disclose and/or transfer your personal information to a 3rd party having ensured that steps have first been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
We work with a number of national and international trusted suppliers, individuals, agencies and businesses in order to provide you with the high quality products and services you expect from us. Some examples of the categories of 3rd parties with whom we share your data are: IT companies, marketing companies and payment processing companies.
Marketing and communication:
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time we may contact you using one of the contact methods you have provided, with details of our newsletters, surveys, products and services which we think may be of interest to you, as well as relevant advertising messages. If at any time you do not wish to receive emails from us, please use the 'unsubscribe' option included in the footer of every marketing email we send. Please note that active members, clients and customers will continue to receive order and account communications from us.
We may use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here. You can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at here.
3rd party sites:
We may share your personal Information with third parties to help us to improve and optimize the site. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site: you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
What Are Your Rights?
We endeavour to process all personal information in line with your rights under GDPR.
You have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal information, as well as other supplementary information. There is usually no fee for making such a request however, in limited circumstances, we can charge an administrative fee (which will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information)
2. Have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
3. Have your personal data erased. This is commonly referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’. This right is only applicable where there is no compelling reason for the continued processing of your personal information. There are some circumstances where this right to erasure does not apply and in such cases, we would notify you of the reason(s) why we need to retain your personal information (unless prevented to do so by law)
4. Object to the processing of your personal data at any time. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us. In certain circumstances, we can process your personal information without your consent in line with the lawful processing requirements of GDPR. These include (amongst other reasons) where processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
5. Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This means that you can limit the way that an organisation uses your data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of your data. In such cases, we would retain the data but we would not process it further without your consent, or if processing your information is for establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim, or for the protection of rights of other individuals, or for public interest reasons. In such circumstances, we would let you know that we intend to lift the restriction on processing your personal information.
6. Ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes (including profiling). We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any 3rd party for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us.
Please be aware that we will need to verify your identity before providing any personal information to you. We do this to protect your information. We may also ask you to provide us some additional voluntary information to help us process your request more efficiently.
If you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by contacting us via the form on our contact page or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.